Sunday, August 2, 2009

How do i write my own computer programs?

I'm 15 years old and i am really good with learning things on the computers and would like to learn how to write my own software. Is there a good program that is simple i could use? I would like to write programs that edit videos. I would also like to write my own computer games.

How do i write my own computer programs?
Well, there are scores of programming languages and tools to create games and programs.





http://www.ambrosine.com/resource.html covers most of those game creating systems. Other than that, you will have to learn to program. Most programmers in the 'industry' use C++. Difficult to learn at first, but gives you the most power, flexibility and job opportunities: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/





Python is a good start to learn how to program: http://www.python.org/.





Get a good book on programming principles, ask your computer teacher and get practicing! Don't expect amazing stuff in the beginning, but with time you will be able to program anything you want (that should take a couple of years).





Cheers!
Reply:I wish there were an easy answer to your question but as already mentioned, there a lot of languages and a lot of tools that help you code.





I also suggest you look into C++ or Java, both are powerful object-oriented languages.





Realistically, editing videos and creating good video games will take a lot more than basic programming skills. Good thing you are starting young. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment