Thursday, July 30, 2009

I need some computer programming help. How would I create a database with a zip code search..for instance....

I want to put together a specific list of services throughout the country, where people looking for this particular service can type in there zip code to locate a location near them. Where would I start putting together something like this ?

I need some computer programming help. How would I create a database with a zip code search..for instance....
I had to do something similar for a previous company I worked at.





Our database had a map of what zipcodes each store "covered".





The United States Postal Service sent us a copy of all the updated Zipcodes periodically.








I created a program that compared what was on the CD to what was stored in our database. Looking for new zipcodes, and deleted zip codes. The deleted zipcodes were removed from the database mapping and the new zip codes were associated to a store.





I'd suggest you first look at seeing what the postal service can offer you to support getting and maintaining postal codes.

flower arranging

No comments:

Post a Comment