Friday, May 21, 2010

How to make a computer program unclosable?

I want to make a program that runs when i start my computer unclosable for a few seconds. So that whoever turns on my computer HAS to read that message. Any hints? Thanks!

How to make a computer program unclosable?
It always helps here to know what language you wrote the program in. That way you get exact syntax in the answer instead of general guidelines.





But to you question: I'd probably put a 5 second timer in the unload event or in the code for your "Close" button. I'd also set the message in a frame with no title bar so you can't use the 'X' to close or minimize it.





Something to think about: When you start your computer, do you read everything Windows does in it's start-up routine? Probably not, because you don't HAVE to, and that's going to be true with your message too. I'd start the computer and go brush my teeth or something until all the start-up stuff is gone, INCLUDING your message. You can't FORCE anyone to read anything...all you can do is delay them from doing whatever it was they logged in for. Which will be annoying to everyone who uses your computer, including yourself at some times.
Reply:it should run as SYSTEM user or a higher Administrator user.


Hope it's not for a malicious purpose. Curse you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment