Friday, May 21, 2010

Is there a comp product that can record HD programming from my satellite reciever to my computer through HDMI?

I want to use HDMI to ensure best video quality and also so that I can transfer Dolby Digital too. If there is a product with component video jacks, then that is ok too. Im looking for something to attach to my computer/laptop like a TV tuner.

Is there a comp product that can record HD programming from my satellite reciever to my computer through HDMI?
Of course you would need to have your satellite connected to your PC some how, either directly or via your set-top box. I'm not sure if that's even possible, and even if it is it would probably be better to just get an HD/DVR and record the shows normally, and then transfer everything over to your computer later. This is what most people do.





If you don't have Dish Network yet, you can get an HD/DVR for FREE if you sign up using this link: http://www.tekdeals.com/dish-network.php





I'm not sure how long that offer will last, so jump on it while you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment