Friday, May 21, 2010

What is a good Architecture Design computer program to buy?

I am looking to buy a christmas present for my brother and he is going to college next fall to be an Architect and I was wondering what a good software program for the computer would be to get him?

What is a good Architecture Design computer program to buy?
The most commonly used Architecture program is CAD (Computer Aided Design -also known as CADD-Computer Aided Drafting and Design). I know there are a few others that are used in the industry, but every employer I have worked for or interviewed with has used CAD. Unfortunately CAD is very expensive. The full version is going to be a couple thousand dollars. There are versions of the program called LT (light) that will be sufficient for the first few years of school and, depending on his discipline, might even be all that he needs. I'm not sure of the price of the LT versions, but I know that there is also a student version of CAD that is much cheaper than the full version.


Having said all that, any program with the word CAD in it will help get him familiar with drawing on the computer. Once you master one design program, it is much easier to learn a new one because you already know the concepts that are necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment